spyware

Old 05-11-08, 01:21 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
spyware

I have been using ad-aware for quite some time now but for the last few months when the scan is finished and it tells me how many infections there are and I go to delte them it tells me that some could not be deleted. Is there a frew spyware program that can get all of the spyware and get rid of it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-08, 02:34 PM
A
Free Spyware

I use Adaware and Spybot along with PC tools, all for free and it works fine. You just make sure that you update everytime it calls for. All you have to do is click on the yellow shield on the bottom tray when you see it, it is next to the time. It will say that it needs to be updated and that is it!

The three of it are quite well known and reliable. Just go to www.Cnet.com or www.twocows.com or any shareware downloading site that you trust. As simple, good luck.
(PS don't let people convince you of some program that hasn't been as tried as these ones, just watch it)
You'll find out how many downloads have been -since when and the rating and price if you want to update to the paid version.
Good luck!

Old 05-12-08, 01:16 AM
K
No single anti-spy can take care of everything. A popular combo I can recommend is:

Spybot-S&D
This one's honest, altruistic freeware and you can donate if you like. Manual scan for known baddies. Baddie list updated regularly.

SpywareBlaster
Another friendly freeware, no strings, no foot in the door. It gives your browser a blacklist, so nothing on that list can be loaded in the first place.

Ad-Aware
Though certainly helpful, Ad-Aware has tended in recent years to bloated eyecandy and rather blatant self advertising - you're supposed to buy the "pro" version and boy does Ad-Aware let you know! I give it another five years before Ad-Aware turns all Norton on us.

Old 05-12-08, 04:13 AM
O
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Spybot has an option when installing. It's called "Tea timer".
Install it when asked to do so.

Old 05-12-08, 08:49 AM
C
I find it successful is I run the following

Windows Defender
Spybot search and destroy
Hijackthis

If an infection is present these cannot handle usually special scanners will help.
I would check the following online scanners
kaspersky.com
housecall.trendmicro.com

Both will tell you what is left....then once identified you can find removal steps or tools for that particular infection.

I agree with the poster who said there isnt one all in one scanner. I would even argue there isnt a solution of scanners that is comnprehensive enough to keep you completely protected.