MS Office XP

Old 09-19-09, 06:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
MS Office XP

Hi, For the last couple of weeks I've been getting messages that I need to validate my MS Office. It's down to 12 days now. I'm running MS Office XP with Front Page. A screen comes up every time I get into Excel and Word saying I need to validate them. I go to the next screen showing the validate button. When I click on this, it goes to the next screen and stalls. I'm running XP Pro with WP Office.

How can I repair this? Thanks in advance, Pete K.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 09-19-09 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Email removed for your protection
Old 09-19-09, 11:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Which version of Office are you running? 2000,2003, 2007. It is asking you to validate the installation to make sure you haven't exceeded the number of installations allowed from the disk. Do you still have the disk? If so, you can reinstall Office or repair it.

Old 09-19-09, 04:24 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm running Office XP.

Old 09-20-09, 07:13 AM
M
Are you always connected to the internet? I believe the program will try to access the internet and make sure you do have a valid copy. If you have dial-up that could be the reason that the program stalls. If you don't have dial up, do you have that program blocked on a firewall?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: