Outlook web access

Old 08-30-08, 08:56 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outlook web access

Trying to link onto from home my work email which is supposed to possible. I know nothing about computers except how to use it First thing that pops up is I select "this is a private computer" then it asks for "domain/user name" and "password". Is this something I may have done when I first got my home computer? Or...do I need to set this up?

Old 08-30-08, 10:00 AM
C
Your username is most likely what you use to log into your work computer. Your password should be the same as that. As for your domain, it is often the @ part of your email address.

For example, if you were DIYAddict@abc.com, your domain would likely be abc.

Old 08-30-08, 10:24 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You shouldn't have to set anything up. Outlook Web Access is designed to allow you to check your mail from any computer with web access. On remote machines it works with the web browser, not the Outlook program.

Launch your internet browser and type the URL your company's IT people gave you. Usually it's http: // webmail . yourcompanyname . com (without the spaces). A popup will ask for your work-assigned uname and password before it displays the actual Outlook page.

It is possible to connect Outlook to the business mail server --and your home machine to the company's LAN, for that matter -- but you need a Virtual Private Network (VPN) client to do that. Your IT people have to provide you with the client and the settings.

Old 08-30-08, 05:30 PM
D
Got it! whoo hoo!

Thanks guys. Yep. It was supposed to be exactly as how I would do it at work. They have it set up on our website program we use at work. It just looked different on my home computer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: