up grade

Old 09-01-08, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
up grade

i have an hp pavilion w/celeron cpu 2gh, 248mb ram. my question is can i install a new hard drive 320hd into this thing and can i add more memery and how much can be installed. this is a second computer and is not main one ,it is only for kids and surfing.also how can i transfer all files and programs onto the 320hd so i can get rid of old ones, i do not have any back ups as it was givin to me as is. its running windows xp. not really any good with computers but can laern. thanks in advance k

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-08, 08:17 PM
For buying memory, go to newegg.com and use their memory configurator to figure out which type and capacity memory you can install in your particular machine.

Yes you should be able to install the new hard drive in your machine. But if it's just for the kids for surfing the internet, there is no point in putting that big of hard drive in. Unless it is to replace a bad one, I wouldn't bother.

Old 09-02-08, 08:33 AM
the hard drive, i bought last year for another pc but it was the mboard that was gone so i have it why not install it .i guess ill make the subject pc a second family one as i have more kids than pc s lol. they all want to use them at the same time.plus probly cheaper than new one.as for the memory capacity info, how do i find the info on computer i need for configuation? all help appriciated. k ps thank you for your info it is very helpful

Old 09-02-08, 10:26 AM
Go here

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...17&name=Memory

Click on the memory configurator on the left. Then put in your machine brand, HP, then the model, Pavillion, then the number whatever that might be. It's pretty easy.

As for why not installing the hard drive, if you're going to use it as a secondary hard drive, that's no big deal. But I wouldn't bother swapping it out and making it the boot drive that the Operating system runs off of. That'd be more trouble than it's worth for an old machine.

Old 09-02-08, 01:01 PM
thanks ill try getting all info tonight when kids are off thanks again k