Power Mac G4 screen cleaning?

Old 09-09-08, 09:34 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Power Mac G4 screen cleaning?

is there a trick to pulling off the front glass to get to its back or the front of actual screen on the monitor...thanks

Old 09-09-08, 04:14 PM
tae
From Macrumors forum:
Remove the little screws from the bottom of the front of the display (you need to get a allen wrench and bend it so it fits in there), separate the aluminum border from the plastic edges, unscrew both sides of the LCD panel with a Phillips screwdriver, slide off the little clips that hold it in place, unplug the power and video plugs, and remove it. To install the new one you just do the same thing backwards. Be careful with that long wire going around the rim of the display, it's your Airport Extreme antenna and gets in the way a bit.

Old 09-09-08, 05:06 PM
S
thanks......your saying remove ALL the allen screws that hold the clear cover onto the chassie sides and bottom and the 2 phillips screws.then slide the clear cabinet away from the screen?i took all the allens outsides top/bottom and phillip and nothing is budging

Old 09-11-08, 01:16 PM
S
got nervy and took the whole thing apart and got down to the chassie and the raw screen.peeled that plastic film off the glass and reassembled it ...... MINT crystal clear.if i told you how i removed the adhesive that stayed on the srceen you probably won't believe it a single edge razor dipped it in rubbibg alcohol with a soaked tissue of the same

Old 09-11-08, 03:31 PM
tae
probably not the best way but hey...if it worked!! What was wrong with it in the first place to be so dirty?

Old 09-12-08, 06:06 PM
S
the top was clear but as it went down the screen had tracking on it,and the plastic i pulled was in all different states of fading

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: