smallville

Old 09-15-08, 02:19 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
smallville

please help. I must have done domething to cause this but do not know what it is. Everything seems to be smaller then usual and when I try to print type it prints out smaller then what is seen I mean a lot smaller, do not know if it is in my printer hardware or pc any thing would help I have tried to look everywhere for a soulution but you know how helpful those buttons are that say need help

Old 09-15-08, 06:26 PM
tae
Everything looks smaller on your computer? Words, pictures, everything?

Old 09-15-08, 07:10 PM
M
smallville

I have used system restore to take away all the smallness but yes it was all small, but still when I print something for instance I wanted to print directions for mapquest for a rtip I am going to take and it was printed so small that I needed bifocals to read it. The print was more then two times smaller then the print on the screen.

Old 09-22-08, 08:35 PM
So quick restore restored the small desktop fonts and text. Seems like you might have had the resolution change on you. Try going into control panel and look for display. In that box, click on display properties or something and there will be a slider for resolution. If you slid this to the right by accident then everything will look small.

Printing has nothing to do with what you see though. Whatever program you use to print, you can control what scale it will be printed out as and how it fits to a sheet of paper.

So if you print small, then make sure you blow it up before you print it.

Also, this is a period "." When in doubt, throw some in. It can't. Hurt.

Old 09-23-08, 07:24 AM
If the screen resolution doesn't solve your problem, try this

- Close your programs --> Go to your desktop --> Right click on the Wallpaper (look for a place without icons)--> Properties --> Settings --> Advanced --> Search the configuration for the Display (The tab is different in different Windows / Video card configurations) --> Set the DPI settings in Normal Size (96 DPI)

Old 10-10-08, 05:53 PM
I had the same thing happen to me ( small print) Turns out I had some how changed the print ratio from 100% to 75% in the printer properties. (had to be the gremlins)

Old 10-10-08, 06:49 PM
M
small

The images I have been getting, are less then half normal. Still are. I went to another site to get map infor printed there not problem, Had my wife print from map quest site at here school, not problem came outy normal. You said you change your image by accident from 100 to 75, but did not say how to fix back to 100% I have a Lexmark 3100 printer. I do not know how to go about getting to ists properties to change, maybe you could explain.

Old 10-11-08, 05:01 AM
I have a Brother MFC and I browse with Firefox. When I go to File> Print Preview> on the Task Bar I have the option to set the scale of the page to be printed. I can also select File> Print. In the next window select "Properties" next to the printer name. When I select this, it bring me to the manufacturer's printer properties which amoung other things allows me to set scale. Hope this helps. Dan

Old 10-11-08, 04:47 PM
M
smallville

Thanks for the infor on file print preview. It was there that I had the problem. I do not know how the print got to the degree it did, I know I never saw that page before, evn by accidentd Thanks very much.

Old 10-11-08, 06:16 PM
Glad I could help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: