Printer Port Not Working

Old 10-15-08, 05:58 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Printer Port Not Working

Can someone please help me as to why my printer port is not working on my pc. I have checked it and the pc says it is working properly however when I plug a printer or any other device that would go there it says that there is nothing deteced. Can someone please help as to why this would be happening or how I can fix it?

Thanks,

niceguy4u36

Old 10-15-08, 04:02 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Which printer? PC? Operating System? Some will tell you the port is active, but will require a driver to be loaded before recognizing a specific printer.

Old 10-17-08, 07:48 PM
N
Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
Which printer? PC? Operating System? Some will tell you the port is active, but will require a driver to be loaded before recognizing a specific printer.
My printer is a Lexmark Z645 and I have installed the driver for it. My pc is a Dell Dimension 2200 with Windows XP Professional. I am just not sure as to why it wont recognize it when its plugged into the port.

Thanks,

niceguy4u36

Old 10-17-08, 08:44 PM
tae
will it print when plugged in? If it has been plugged in before the computer may recognize it automatically. Is it turned on? Is it listed in the "Printers and Faxes" list? Was it installed correctly the first time? Have you tried installing it in a different usb port?
Troubleshooting:
http://search.lexmark.com/printer/US/en/18K6400.html

Old 10-18-08, 05:22 AM
Just a quick check...have you tried another USB cable? I had a similar problem. I did some really stupid that I won't go into and it turned out to be a bad USB cable. Just a thought

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: