resume in micosoft word

Old 10-22-08, 06:00 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry resume in micosoft word

every time i try to email resume, it goes out as work in progress, and opens with word, i want just this document going out , try to save as just read NG, i know it must be something stupid, but what??????

Old 10-22-08, 08:00 PM
M
Can you save it as a PDF? Do you have office 2007 or an earlier version? If you have an earlier version, you can use cutePDF or primopdf to change it.

Old 10-25-08, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Melissa_E View Post
Can you save it as a PDF? Do you have office 2007 or an earlier version? If you have an earlier version, you can use cutePDF or primopdf to change it.
Great Idea. Google "free pdf creator" CutePDF or PrimoPDF are both great choices. It installs as a printer, when you print the document select the pdf creator as the printer and send the new file to your desktop for convenience. It's also a great idea as it won't let anyone edit your resume without your approval. good luck.

Old 10-25-08, 05:32 PM
D
if you have a printer/scanner then another way to do it is to simply print it out adn scan it in, send it as a .mpg

Old 10-25-08, 07:31 PM
M
While sending in a .jpg is great, I found when I was job searching this Spring and Summer, that most places expect a .pdf vs. a .jpg. Plus, when e-mailing it out, more people will be more accepting of a .pdf than a .jpg. Sometimes if the .jpg is incorrectly sized in a scan, it will appear huge in an e-mail or it may not go through depending on what the server allows. PDFs tend to be smaller even though not all the formatting works absolutely correctly in the conversion (even if you convert using Office 2007 which has a built in PDF conversion package).

Old 10-25-08, 07:41 PM
BSB
One question. Are you clicking the email button from with in Word, or are you attaching the resume.doc in outlook (or OE?, or other emailer) as an attachment?

I would send in what ever format is acceptable by the org you are applying with, and stay away from jpg format and stick with a more "business" type format.

Brian

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: