Email

Old 11-05-08, 05:48 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Email

We have serveral computers in our office connected to a server and we use microsoft exchange for internal email and 2 stations using offiice 2000 have trouble sending outside email they can send some but 50% go out undelivered, no error or undeliverable messages received just "lost"
Any help on what I can look for?
thanks
Paul Allen

Old 11-05-08, 12:53 PM
R
Originally Posted by pallen
We have serveral computers in our office connected to a server and we use microsoft exchange for internal email and 2 stations using offiice 2000 have trouble sending outside email they can send some but 50% go out undelivered, no error or undeliverable messages received just "lost"
Any help on what I can look for?
thanks
Paul Allen
No doubt you have an MX record in your DNS settings pointing to your exchange server. Are you using Microsoft 2000 Server, along with Microsoft 2000 Exchange Server?
Do you have any limits set for message size as well as any delivery restrictions in your exchange server?
How is your Microsoft Outlook (Office 2000) setup? What services, delivery are in the properties?

Old 11-05-08, 04:12 PM
P
Yes we are using Microsoft 2000 server with MS 2000 Exchange. Not sure of the message size, not sure of the delivery services, will check tomorrow.
I did find out that some users cannot send email to other users thru the external email.
Thanks for some tips on what to look for!
Paul A

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: