Can't find page

Old 11-07-08, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't find page

Lately I have been having problems when I go to my homepage at Yahoo. It loads the page mostly but when it is almost finished loading a page comes up saying "can't find page yieldmanager xxxxx or adxxxxx. If I click the back button on my browser it goes back to the page I wanted and sometimes it is ok and sometimes I have to hit the back button 2 or 3 times to get the page. Then if after the homepage loads and I go to mail I have to go through the same thing again. It does it sometimes when I am on this website also. Like when I read a question and then hit back to the forum list. Getting very aggrivating!
Is it my Internet Explorer? I get a lot of "Internet Explorer encountered a problem and has to close. Do you want to send an error report?" lately also.
I have a 2 1/2 year old E-machine running Windows XP. I have Webroot Antivirus with Antispyware that runs every evening and all it ever finds are cookies. I even downloaded ADaware version 8 and ran it (4 hours for a full scan of drives C and D. It only found cookies.
Yeildmanager and Ad are in the list of cookies found by both.
I get automatic updates from Windows also.
Any ideas as to what causes this "can't find" problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-08, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
It sounds like a connection problem. Either you're losing your internet connection temporarily or the page is taking too long to load and it's timing out. Could even be a problem with your ISP.
How are you connecting (DSL, Cable or Dial-up)?

Old 11-07-08, 01:45 PM
Hi badeyeben
I experienced the same problems and I checked the situation with them.
It is a problem with the Yahoo servers, they become overload sometimes.
This is worst if your have a homepage hosted with Yahoo

Old 11-07-08, 11:59 PM
Change your home page to another site like your favorite weather site so you can check the weather when you log on. Or, you can change it to "Blank" so you can proceed quickly without a loading time to a website and type in the address where you want to go. I find it more convenient to go blank because I may want to check weather, news, our website or other first thing.

Old 11-08-08, 01:17 AM
I use Google as my home page. It loads ridiculously fast. From there, it's two clicks to the bookmarks or favorites.

Old 11-08-08, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
I use Google as my home page. It loads ridiculously fast. From there, it's two clicks to the bookmarks or favorites.
I also use Google as my home page. It is super quick, then the bookmarks get me where I need to go. If you think IE may be giving you some issues, try Firefox for awhile. I think it's a faster browser than IE and it's a free download and if you don't like it uninstall it. Good luck.

Old 11-11-08, 08:09 AM
Thanks for all the answers. I have been testing different things and have found that if I shut down my Webroot before I go online, I have no load problems at all. Still the occasional IE has to close thing though.
I cannot find any setting to change in the webroot program to solve the problem. Will it be ok to have it off when on the internet and turn it back on afterwards? I do know if I forget to turn it back on, it will self start and run the scan at the regular time for the scan.
Shadeladie, I have Verizon DSL....hence the Verizon/Yahoo homepage for mail.

Old 11-11-08, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
Can't answer your webroot question, but I also have Verizon DSL and don't have Yahoo as my homepage. You don't need it. You can access your mail by going to verizoncentral.com or Outlook.