Internet access/firewall problem?

Old 11-09-08, 09:43 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Internet access/firewall problem?

Hi All,

I'm trying to activate a Dell Optiplex 170L as a back up PC just in case, but I'm having problems establishing internet connectivity.

I did a clean install of XP professional and loaded the Dell utilities but can't seem to connect to the Internet. I gave my DSL service provider a call and, after a troubleshooting session, the tech told me that the problem was in my PC TCP/IP stacks but that they don't touch that. I then did a google search and came up with a website named 'Practically Networked' and checked out their trouble shooting procedure for a while and it seemed to point to a firewall problem. I tried turning off the Windows Firewall, but that didn't seem to help any.

Has anyone run into this problem before and is there an easy fix for it?

Thanks.

Old 11-09-08, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had similar problems with my Dell latitude. I had to use another pc to get to Dell's website. I put the pc's info in the search bar and looked for downloads of all the drivers listed for my Latitude. Copied them all to my Latitude with a memory stick them installed them. After a quick restart, I was good to go. This may not be your problem, But to me it sounds like your card may be just missing a driver. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: