Saving Flash Video

Old 11-10-08, 04:51 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Saving Flash Video

Is there a way to save Flash videos, such as those found on YouTube and DailyMotion? I've read multiple postings on Google and they all, in one way or the other, lead to downloading a program to be able to save a flash video. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly, but I've even tried going to my cache folder to find them. I do it with JPGs, when they don't save properly, but I can't figure how to find what would be a .FLV file.

After trashing my old computer, due to viruses and spyware, I'm VERY cautious about what I install on this new computer. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thank you for your help.

Old 11-10-08, 04:20 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
They are saved to your hard drive as you watch them. The trick is finding where and how they are saved.

Never used DailyMotion, but Youtube's filenames normally start with Get_Video. Search the phrase, and don't download any "helper" programs.

Legal Disclaimer: Remember, though, that saving and redistributing copyrighted material isn't legal.

Old 11-12-08, 08:49 AM
S
Even though you are able to get them through your cache, finding them can usually be very hard to do. There are many programs out there that will do the job you're looking for though.

I used to do it by hand by going into the Source Code and finding it, but that can be tedious. RealPlayer usually satisfies my needs as it recognizes any online media and is ready to download it. There are many other programs you can use as well as several websites that can pinpoint it. Firefox also has a plug-in that you can download for this as well.

Any of the above methods should work fine, good luck!

Old 11-13-08, 03:52 PM
There's a couple things you can do. Run Disk Cleanup (accessories > system tools > disk cleanup) then highlight temporary internet files, then select view files. This will allow you to look at all of the junk that web pages stick in your cache when your browsing. Rebroadcasting is it illegal, but if they stick a copy of it on my pc, then I'll keep a copy it for my own use if I want to.

The other thing you can do if you browse with firefox, mozilla has a download helper extension you can add to firefox that give you a tool to capture flv.

either way, good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: