Best all-in-one multi function printer

Old 11-19-08, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Best all-in-one multi function printer

In the market for an all-in-one printer with fax/scan/photo capability for home use.

Any recommendations in the $100-$150 range?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-08, 11:33 AM
HP® Official Store — Buy an HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier (CB783A#ABA) from HP

I have an earlier model of this all-in-one.......
It has worked well........................................

Old 11-19-08, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Whatever you decide, check the ink costs, thats what will kill you. I prefer Canon printers just because they use individual tank colors (well, some do, some don't). Kinda sucks to have to replace a partially full 3 color tank because only one color is empty.

Old 11-20-08, 05:52 AM
I have a Canon MX310 and it seems to work well. Ink is reasonable, but I don't know how long it lasts under heavy use. I only print color and make the occasional copy on this printer.

I went to a Okidata B4350 about 2 years ago for black and white printouts. For $20 I can get toner and I haven't had to replace it in over 2 years.

Old 11-22-08, 07:58 AM
I have owned Canon, Epson, Lexmark and HP printers. I am a huge fan of HP mostly because there support is un-paralleled.
I do not like printers that use individual tanks (especially if you are a light user) because the print heads are separate from the ink cartridges. If the ink heads dry or plug up you might as well throw the printer away as it will cost more to repair than a new printer. (This has happened to me too many times,very frustrating)
If the print heads are embedded in the print cartridge and they dry or plug up, simply replacing the print cartridge will have the printer up and running again.
Just my 2 cents!

Old 11-22-08, 08:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I got a Brother MFC-685CW. It's wireless (a big plus), fax, scanner, printer. I forget what I paid for it, think about $200. Does a great job.

Old 11-28-08, 10:01 AM
I've got a Brother MFC 5860CN. Think I paid around 100-150 bucks for it. It's a network printer which is great because every computer in the house uses it. It also uses individual ink cartridges which is a huge plus. The quality and durability is as good as any other brand I've owned in that price range. Good Luck.