Prolly Graphics Card Failure, please help!

Old 12-23-08, 06:10 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Prolly Graphics Card Failure, please help!

Hello!I recently bought a new pc part by part and set it up. I'm now facing a problem though. Whenever i play a game, computer will restart or act like its restarting and then it will freeze after some time of playing the game. I took off the graphics card n took it back to the place i bought it to replace it and computer was working fine without it, i could play my games without it restarting on its own. I already replaced my graphics card twice and its still doing the same I tried windows XP OS and now windows Vista OS, i re-installed the drivers they gave me with the graphics card twice and also i've been told there's no compatibility problem with the graphics card and the motherboard and that they should be working fine together with no problem. My motherboard is M3A78-T of ASUS (already has an onboard graphics card on it : ATI Radeon HD3300) and my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD4850, Processor is AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core 2.31 GHz, RAM: 2GB . I really dont know what i should do and what is really the problem. Please help me if you can..please. Thanks a lot in advance

Old 12-23-08, 07:34 AM
What is the size of your power supply? Have you used testing utilities to individually test CPU, RAM, and video? Remember, games also tax the processor and RAM components so they need checking as well.

I like Burn In 2008 for CPU stress,
and of course memtest86+

Old 12-23-08, 11:31 AM
R
Sometimes adding a card can cause grief if there is an on-board one even though it all says no conflict or problems. I have found out that installing an ethernet card will not always work when the on-board ethernet is active, thus what you have to do is turn off the on-board device in the BIOS. Perhaps that is the same with your graphic devices.

Now your graphic card may be different. If it is an additional card that works with the on-board graphics, then there has to be something else causing your problem. If not, see if you can turn off the on-board device in the BIOS.

Old 12-23-08, 02:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You need to shut the onboard graphics off like rbwest said, in BIOS, if you have a card.

Also run the tests like mentioned before. Any faulty hardware can cause restarts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: