Outlook Express Question

Old 02-02-09, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outlook Express Question

When I log into my Outlook Express to check my emails, it downloads all my messages except for one to my inbox. Every message I get from a cousin goes directly to my delete file. This has been doing this for some time now. She sends the same messages to my wife, and she gets them on her computer. I can't seem to figure this out. Are there any answers to this frustrating question? You guys have helped in all my questions since I bought my first computer. Thanks, Dinky

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-09, 07:52 AM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts

You may have a filter set to send all messages from the cousin's address directly to the trash folder.

Old 02-02-09, 11:44 AM
Hi dinky

Open your Outlook Express --> Tools--> Message Rules--> Blocked senders list--> check if your cousin's email address is the list
If the address is not there--> Open your Outlook Express --> Tools--> Message Rules--> mail--> check if any of the rules includes your cousin's name or adddress or server, etc

Old 02-02-09, 07:45 PM
Outlook Express

Hi, I have gone the route of going to my tools, etc., and nothing was checked. As far as my filters, I don't know how to check for them. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Dinky

Old 02-03-09, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
Click on one of their messages (or the next one that you get) and right-click on it and see if there's an option to add sender to the safe list. You may need to click on blocked or junk mail first, or click on the Messages tab on the toolbar and look for the same option (rather than right-click). I'm using Windows Mail now and it's slightly different than OE.

Old 02-03-09, 09:34 AM
Hi dinky,

Filters--> use the same process you used before--> Open your Outlook Express --> Tools--> Message Rules--> mail--> you will see a list--> Rule#1 , Rule #2, etc --> check if any of the rules is related with your cousin's name, address, ect

Old 02-03-09, 03:19 PM
Do you have an antivirus or anti-Spam program running that actively checks your incoming OE email? It may have to be trained to allow your cousin's email address.

Old 02-03-09, 10:00 PM
Other people have experienced the same problem. For them, it was in their anti-virus program which was blocking their email (spam filter and/or email portion of the anti-virus program. Some ISP's also check the email for spam, and if it is configured to remove, then some email may not arrive in your inbox. Most of the time it is the anti-virus program.

Another thing to check is see if you have any rules setup in your email program. That can re-direct email to various folders. Perhaps a rule got created.