Windows vista and IE 7.0

Old 02-02-09, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Windows vista and IE 7.0

We just purchased a new HP computer about 3 weeks ago. It is running the Vista home premium edition with I believe Internet Explorer 7.0. While most of the time the internet works fine there is the occassion where you will be on the internet and a window pops up saying Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and that forces you to shutdown and start over. We are usyually on it for a few hours each day and most times it doesn't do it but once in a while it will do it a couple times over a few hours. Anyone know if this is a common problem with Vista and or IE 7.0 . Also, anyway to correct this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-09, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Install firefox from getfirefox.com

I had that problem before I installed Vista SP1, after that it's been pretty problem free.

Old 02-03-09, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
jcraft, I have two new HP computers, both with Vista Home Premium and IE 7, and I'm having the same problems you do on both of them. Every so often, I get the message "IE has experienced a problem and is shutting down". Then it goes into an automatic restart of IE. Many times when I try to shut down IE and end my session, I get the "problem" message and it restarts back up. I thought the problem was just "me" but it sounds like its somewhat common. As I know nothing about firefox and don't want to risk messing anything up, I guess I'll just live with this glitch. I keep the operating system continually updated with Window's latest updates, but so far, they haven't addressed this problem.

Old 02-03-09, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 66 Votes on 53 Posts
The problem is with IE. Happens to me all the time, but seems to happen on and off, some days worse than others. On really bad days, I just use Firefox.