Open Office

Old 03-21-09, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Open Office

The wife’s laptop and mine are connected thru a local wireless network.

I have a DELL Inspiron 6400 with Intel 2 core and run Vista Home. I use MS Office 2000 for all my needs and FoxMail for my emails.

The wife has an HP with Intel Celeron and also runs Vista Home. She uses Open Office 3.0 for all her needs and she has HotMail for her emails.

We both use IE 8.0

When she tries to send me an Email with an attachment which is written with Open Office, she gets a “Banned message” notice and the email does not go thru. On my Email I also get a “Banned message”

However when she sends me just a message which is written on HotMail or a photo attachment the message goes thru.

Any ideas why she can’t send Open Office attachments?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-09, 06:48 PM
Temporarily Suspended
How big are they? There is a size limit on email attachments. You can map drives from one PC to the other and you don't have to bother with email to transfer files. Enable file sharing and create some shares.

Old 03-22-09, 04:14 AM
They are just small write-up files like 5 to 10k. Why you want to map drives and run cables from one floor to another when you have wireless? File share etc. is done in a local area net.

It’s none of the above. I think it’s a problem between IE 8, Open Office and HotMail but can’t pinpoint what exactly.

Thank you

Old 03-22-09, 06:41 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Who said you had to run cables? Drives can be mapped and/or shares created over the LAN wirelessly. It's the professional way to go and it's easy.

Old 03-22-09, 09:13 AM
Hi Kolias,

It is a problem with the format of the file. Try to save the attached files as .doc or .txt or .xls (common formats) or try to zip the files and see if it works