Acer Management Software?

Old 03-27-09, 01:48 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Acer Management Software?

Is anyone familiar with Acer computers? I have an Aspire 5620 (I think ... I'm not in front of it right now) that came with a resident memory management/recovery thing that runs in the background at all times.

Although it did help me set up the recovery disks, I'm not convinced it is all that good at memory optimisation as it claims to be. Actually, I suspect it may conflict with the Vista Home Premium routines at times.

Plus, it uses up a lot of ram while it is in operation.

Anyone know if I could/should uninstall it?

Old 03-27-09, 02:00 PM
T
sometimes those programs take more with them than you might want. I have seen them strip other windows components such as defragment, etc.

You can most likely stop it from loading at startup instead. See if this program has options or settings that you can adjust to have it not load at windows startup. Try that first, if not...

go to start/all programs/startup

See if this program is in there. If so, right click and say delete.

If its not in there, it can still be stopped its just a little more difficult.

I do not know all of what that program does so I cannot say if its safe to completely remove or not or what it would take with it if you uninstalled it.

Old 03-28-09, 07:24 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
You can stop it from loading at boot time by running msconfig. Go to the startup tab, uncheck it, reboot and click ok.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: