have audio, but no video on dvd playback-wmp

Old 05-06-09, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
have audio, but no video on dvd playback-wmp

tried to play a dvd today but could not get the video, only audio. the window for the video was there with all the on screen controls and chapters, but it stayed blank. this is the first time that happened. i did a pc recovery about a month ago and this might have been the first time i tried a dvd. but i've done many recoveries before with no problems. i also downloaded wmp 11 after the recovery. i tried going back to a lower wmp with no luck on the problem. any suggestions? thanks, rune

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-09, 07:45 AM
Did you check your video card?

Go to Control Panel--> System--> Hardware--> Device Manager--> Display Adapters--> verify if it is working properly and if possible, update the driver

Old 05-08-09, 09:38 AM
thanks, but i did that. video works for other things like youtube or yahoo news, just not for dvd playback.

Old 05-08-09, 01:19 PM
Could be a codec issue, try downloading k-lite codec pack and install it (free) I have had this happen before, and if I remember that fixxed it. (i thinks )

Worth a try anyway. Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.0 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.0 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.0 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools

Booster