DVD-RW conversion?

Old 07-04-09, 04:27 PM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
DVD-RW conversion?

I recently did a sewer line video inspection and I need to make it accessible online to plumbers to do an assessment on repairs.

The recording was done on a DVD-RW. I can play it on my home DVD player connected to my TV...but I cannot play it on my computer.

My computer's has a CD drive (DVD-ROM). I have played other DVD movie discs on it without any problem using the InterVideo WinDVD utility but with this DVD from the video inspection, it is not showing any content.

Is there anything I can do to convert it to a medium that I can read and post online (like AVIs or MPGs).

Thanks,

Old 07-04-09, 04:39 PM
T
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
dvd rw

Perhaps post this in the computers postings.

Old 07-05-09, 06:37 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This thread has been moved from Entertainment.

Miami,
What was it recorded on? What files does the DVD show when you open the folder?

If it's a VOB file (Video Object) you may be able to copy it to your hard drive and play it after you change the extension from .vob to .mpg.

Keep in mind that these files can be huge. Posting them on a web site can take hours -- if not days -- and they can take just as long to download.

Old 07-05-09, 03:34 PM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Rick:

When I insert the DVD into my CD drive, it shows no file at all. If I insert it to a DVD player, then I see the recorded content.

This is the puzzling part because I can play movie DVDs off my CD-Drive but for this I see nothing on the disc when I look at it's content.

Old 07-19-09, 10:49 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1st if the dvd rw was not closed, but an open session, then your dvd rom might not read it in the computer, but the dvd player might much depends on how old the dvd player is and the dvd rom is and how was it recorded, on another computer with a DVD-R UNIT? and from what program?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: