Vista Crashes

Old 08-06-09, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista Crashes

My Vista laptop crashes a few times every day with the blue screen of death and core dump. After it reboots I get a popup saying "Windows has detected an unexpected shutdown. Do you want to search for a solution?" If I click YES it goes away for a few seconds then comes back with this response......... "Get a Mac"

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-09, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If you are serious..then you have a virus.

Old 08-06-09, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
My Vista laptop crashes a few times every day with the blue screen of death and core dump. After it reboots I get a popup saying "Windows has detected an unexpected shutdown. Do you want to search for a solution?" If I click YES it goes away for a few seconds then comes back with this response......... "Get a Mac"
That's a good one... Perhaps you should "Get a Mac" LOL!

Try booting in safe mode. Perhaps you may be able to find something in the startup or registries. Also, it that may help you to run a virus scan as Gunguy45 pointed out.

Old 08-23-09, 02:50 PM
Yikes, it's time to format your hard drive.

Old 08-23-09, 04:06 PM
you have a virus.

the safe mode will help you find it but you maynot be able
to delete/clean it in safe mode.

once you find the infection in your c drive try to rename it.
i had one that wouldn`t let me delete it even when i turned it off with task manager in the processes tab. but when i renamed it, it couldn`t operate right and i could break it apart and delete it then.

Old 08-23-09, 09:34 PM
2x2
blue screen

I had a blue screen with my pent 3 long time ago
it was a lapse in power so I made sure I had my own circuit after that..but your laptop has it's own battery so a lapse in power shouldn't effect you..so it sounds like it might of crashed

Old 08-28-09, 08:08 AM
You have some choices. Reformat your computer or use another OS. Have you tried XP? I'm a big fan. Or get a MAC.

Old 09-03-09, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You don't need to get a mac!! Just go and buy linux or whatever its called. That will help w/ the virus thing. My one friend don't even have any antivirus software on his mac.
Just press f8 after you start/restart your computer and format it. That should take care of it. Good Luck

Old 09-03-09, 12:59 PM
This was a bad joke that got out of hand. Windows hasn't done the old blue screen and core dump since XP came along.

Old 09-09-09, 12:26 PM
It could be a certain application that's causing this.
Go to Control Panel, there is a Problem Reports and Solutions icon there, click on it.
In the Problem History, it should show when your computer crashed. Right click on the entry and check for solution there, or just select View Problem Details, it might tell you the cause of the crash.
Note that it maybe has already found the cause of your crash, if not, it will look again in the future and notifies you.
I had your issue a couple of times and it turned out to be an application conflict with Vista, I removed it and it was fixed.
Hope this helps.

Old 09-09-09, 01:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Just go and buy linux or whatever its called.
Actually that would be a great choice. No viruses in the wild. No registries to get infected, Best of all most flavors are free. While you will a lot of hype about Ubuntu there are others which many think are better. After using many I have chosen PCLinux OS.

Of course you will have to get use to the fact that all of the software is free and installs with only a couple of clicks with no rebooting. You will also have to get use to not having to searching for and install drivers for most hardware. You will have to get use to the fact even old hardware is supported. If you really though like the complexity and difficulty of running Windows you can always run it on a virtual machine inside of Linux.

To try most flavors of Linux you can just make a CD or DVD and boot from it. This will allow you to check your hardware and get a feel for it before you install. Nice thing is it will work even if you have fubared your machine so bad it won't boot. You can even use it to get on the net to ask for help or save data from the fubared HD.