E-mail folder problem

Old 08-21-09, 06:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
E-mail folder problem

I just created a new folder in my Outlook 2000 e-mail. All my other folders contain "from", "subject" and "received". My new folder just has "received". How do I change that, so that it will be like the others. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-09, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jack B. View Post
I just created a new folder in my Outlook 2000 e-mail. All my other folders contain "from", "subject" and "received". My new folder just has "received". How do I change that, so that it will be like the others. Thanks in advance.
When you created a new folder, did you make sure that the folder contains "Mail Items"?
If so, then try the following:

1. Select the new folder

2. Click from the toolbar, "View", then "Current View", then "Customize Current View..."

3. From the View Summary window, click on the "Fields..." tab

4. Add any from the left list by selecting the item, then click the "Add" button. It will place it in the right column.

5. Click the "Ok" button, and again to close out all windows. You will now have the added feature.

(You can remove any by selecting the item on the right column then clicking the remove button)

Hope this helps....

:rbwest

Old 08-22-09, 07:48 PM
Thanks rbwest, it worked just fine!

Old 08-23-09, 11:56 AM
In my inbox, there is one message that has only a string of dashes under the title called "messages". If I move this message to my "deleted items" folder, then the message will be OK. What do I need to do to correct this?

Old 08-24-09, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Jack B. View Post
In my inbox, there is one message that has only a string of dashes under the title called "messages". If I move this message to my "deleted items" folder, then the message will be OK. What do I need to do to correct this?
Not sure what you can do, other than forward the message back to you with a different subject or move the message to a new folder called Misc or Saved.

Old 08-24-09, 11:00 AM
I took the "message" out and replaced it with "subject". It seems to be working fine now. Thank you for introducing me to "customize current view", under the view drop-down-box!