Netbooks

Old 08-22-09, 01:01 PM
2x2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Netbooks

What do you all think of netbooks ? I haven't had one can you do bookmarks with a netbook ? I have viewed a lot of netbook reviews using utube..those of you who have netbooks what do you think

Last edited by 2x2; 08-22-09 at 01:05 PM. Reason: additional ifno utube videos
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-09, 12:14 PM
They are just mini laptops. Think of the processing and speed of a normal PC from 5-10 years ago but packed into a tiny laptop case. A few come with Linux instead of Windows, but they can still do all the normal web surfing with bookmarks and email.

Old 08-26-09, 08:54 AM
2x2
Linux

Originally Posted by txrxio View Post
They are just mini laptops. Think of the processing and speed of a normal PC from 5-10 years ago but packed into a tiny laptop case. A few come with Linux instead of Windows, but they can still do all the normal web surfing with bookmarks and email.
Linux is a O.S I know nothing about cause all I ever had was stuff from microsoft

Old 08-26-09, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 18 Votes on 18 Posts
I don't own a netbook so I don't know if this will help but I considered one when I was ready to buy a portable computer last month.

What I found was that the less expensive ones were very limited in their features.
No hard drive, no DVD or CD drive, limited ram, slow processor, short battery life, unconventional operating system and too small a screen (for me).
If you start to look at the more advanced netbooks they will be the physically larger ones and approach the price range of a better featured lap top.

IMO if they were available when an inexpensive laptop was 1200.00 they would be a steal but if you want any features in a computer, a laptop today is a pretty good buy.

Old 08-30-09, 04:14 AM
I have a netbook. Its an Astone UMPC. It is slower and needs patience for start up. Also, you can't run multiple IE windows or else it will be reallllllly slow. Other than that, it's ok. Mine is already 8 months next week.