How to Remove Excel 2003 from Register?

Old 09-13-09, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to Remove Excel 2003 from Register?

I have Office 2003 installed on my laptop. Recently, while using a file in Excel we had a power failure and my battery was also dead (what a coincidence!). When power came back up, I could still use the file and make ny changes I want but when I try to save it with the changes, Excel crashes. To make a long description short, it attempts to save the file as another name but it doesn't work. I tried to remove Excel 2003 from my laptop and re-install it but the same scenerio exists. I deleted the file and downloaded it from another computer thinking the file itself was corrupt, to no avail. I would now like to try uninstalling Excel completely, including the register, to see if that works. Any ideas on how to accomplish this or, any other ideas??

Thanks in advance...
Russell

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-09, 03:21 PM
if you got excel as part of the ms office bundle you may have to remove the whole package and re-install the whole package with add/ remove programs.
you have to resart both times for changes to take effect.
all your files will stay in my documents only the programs will go away.

Old 09-13-09, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm just holding out for some MS employee who knows a secret (easier) solution. If I do the 'reinstall' thing, I'm probably just going to breakdown and upgrade to the 2007 pkg.

Thanks!

Old 09-20-09, 07:57 PM
If you have your MSOffice03 disc, I'd trying doing a re-install and see if you get the option to do a repair.
The repair should replace any corrupt files and replace any missing files, it's worth a shot before doing a complete uninstall / reinstall...
Have you tried doing a system restore back to a time before the black out?

Old 09-22-09, 07:41 AM
Is this the only file Excel crashes on?

If it is, repairing Excel will likely not fix the problem. However, if other files crash too, then Excel is likely at fault.

So if I understand correctly, you can open the file fine, edit it fine, but just not save it? Can you export it (say, to a *.csv file)?