Password

Old 09-14-09, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Password

I bought a DELL INSPRION E1505 used and its in good shape and all. But when I boot it up a white screen comes up and i have to enter 1010101010 and then enter and then enter 1010101010 again and then vista boots normally to vista. I dont have a password on vista because I dont want to enter two different things, hardrive protetced thing is what it said. I want to get rid of this because its rather annoying. But I log on and all fine and dandy im admin also so I have total control. Let me know how I can rid this.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-09, 05:12 AM
Worth a try: Hold the F2 key when you boot to get into the BIOS setup. Navigate your way to HDD password screen.

Old 09-15-09, 09:32 PM
how do I get to the HDD password screen, now it wont accept any password and wont even go into vista im stuck being prompted to enter a HDD password which has changed, im going to post another topic

Old 09-16-09, 01:31 AM
Arrow Re. Password

Hello readers,
Definitely you should go into BIOS settings for reset HDD password, either F2 or Del button are used to enter into BIOS, and here password reset is a option, you will reset there, i am doing mcsa training
and everyday i face these kind of problems;

thanks a lot!

Old 09-16-09, 08:50 AM
yes thats good, but when I press F2 I get a blue screen and I went through everything and all I saw as far as passwords go is "admin password" and "system password" both I changed to not set so there is no password for either.

Is there another page, how would I get to the other page, and what should the BIOS look like because I press F2 and get blue screen with info but I didnt see any HDD reset thing.

Old 09-22-09, 08:19 AM
You can try this. It's instructions for a Inspiron 600m. I found it on another board.
------------------------------------------
I had the same issue. Here's what I did. Not sure if it will work for you. But give it a try.

1) turn on the machine and press "F2" to go into set up.

2) Press alt-p seven times to go to the last page.

3)Press the down arrow to highlight HDD password. Set a password as instructed and reboot the machine.

4) You can remove this password later once your machine starts fine.
-------------------------------------------

Can you tell us EXACTLY what you pressed in order to make your password not work? In the first post you said you could get into vista and in the second post, you cannot? I assume you did something but you didn't tell us what?

Old 09-22-09, 08:41 AM
I dont know, alt+p dosent do anything.
here is a video
YouTube - Help me fix my laptop computer people