Upgrading to IE8

Old 10-03-09, 10:58 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Upgrading to IE8

I am currently using IE6, but my good friends at YouTube have warned me that they are phasing out support for IE6, and that I must upgrade to a more 'modern' browser. I can't view any YouTube videos that I have embedded at other sites, so it is already happening.

Anywho, just wondering what I might expect from switching web browsers. My main concern is what happens to " My Favorites" or my 'bookmarks' on the Gooogle toolbar.

Also , I have heard that Firefox is better, and that you can switch back and forth betwwen Firefox and IE8, any time you want. How is this done?

Old 10-04-09, 03:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Firefox by far is a better browser. It will import all your bookmarks, etc. when you install it. Upgrade to IE8 and keep it in the tray in case you come to an archaic site that doesn't recognize Firefox (few and far between, now).
To use an particular browser, just click on the associated tray button or icon on your desktop.

Old 10-04-09, 05:03 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I use IE8 and think it's a lot better than IE6. Since I have poor eyesight, I especially like how you can magnify the page and it will remember that setting the next time you log on.

Old 10-04-09, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I use FF primarily (after putting it off forever), but some sites just don't display right, so I still use IE8 sometimes. The only problem I have is that if I open IE and FF is already open, IE will sometimes not display the page..it just sorta sits there, not frozen...just waiting.

If I close FF and then start IE, then start FF again, no problems running both. Also seems to only happen after the PC has been asleep all night w/ FF open..so may just be me...really a non-issue

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: