MAC compatible DVRs for security cameras

Old 10-12-09, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
MAC compatible DVRs for security cameras

ok folks; i've been with this issue for 2 weeks now; i installed some cameras for a cust. and can view them fine online with a windows based pc... alas, the cust only uses mac; and long story short, i got a supposed mac compatible dvr from a company called uspystore ...so i won't get paid till i solve the issue and i'm very close to just walking away from the job and cut short my losses cause i've spent many hours troubleshooting... the ports are forwarding fine.. i don't know what it is... may have something to to with the quicktime app for mac...anybody out there who wants to take a crack at it.. i can remotely log you into the computer so you can see the router settings, and i can give you the ip address so you can see for yourself that u can log in with windows but not mac.. i posted a similar thread under home alarms if you wanna see more details... thanks for looking!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-09, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
just a few quick specifics.. cust has dsl with at&t bellsouth... they have an ip static addr... the modem is the new at&t 2-wire modem that has a built-in router... the ports forward otherwise i wouldn't be able to log in via windows, right??? am i wrong on that.??? and for some reason with a mac work book pro laptop.. i can actually log in to see the cameras WHILE i'm on the INTERNAL network.. in other words i can log in w/mac as long as i'm logging into the internal ip addr; but when i leave the house and jump on an outside network you need to type in the external ip.. which.. again works ok with windows... just not with the mac..... at&t's tech supp guys put me thru hell w countless hours and they charged me 100 bucks but all they did was help forward the port to the internal ip... thanks for looking and hope someone has any ideas..