Help with laptop

Old 11-10-09, 01:02 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with laptop

I have a HP G70-250US laptop, the unit wireless device wasn't working properly, I had to restart the computer like 5 or 6 times so it could detect the wifi, I decided to do a system restore using the discs that I burned from my computer. I inserted the disc 1 and it said it was reformatting the windows partition of the hard disk drive, I inserted the disc 2 and when it finishes reformating the hard disk an error window come up saying " Error 1002 if problem persist consult a technician. I press OK and when the computer wants to restart a black screen come up and says BOOTMGR is missing. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

Old 11-10-09, 02:47 PM
T
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Old 11-10-09, 02:59 PM
Good luck fixing the wireless problem. For my money, I'd disable the device and get a usb wireless adapter. The wireless issue is a serious problem with new HP laptops.

Old 11-10-09, 05:40 PM
C
How do i know if I have Windows Vista Recovery Disc 32-Bit (x86) Edition or Windows Vista Recovery Disc 64-Bit (x64) Edition, is there any way to know?

Old 11-10-09, 09:23 PM
C
I burned the disk and rebooted the computer and when I click on computer icon the drive c is empty. Any ideas?

Old 11-11-09, 05:19 AM
T
Bring up Command Prompt, type >> dir

Old 11-11-09, 05:53 AM
T
Forgot to mention go here to see if 32 or 64

GRC|SecurAble: Determine Processor Security Features|

Old 11-12-09, 03:34 PM
C
the thing is that I can't open anything, when I tried to reboot the computer with the recovery CD's it wont let me and gives me an error, if I take the recovery cd out and try to restart the computer it gives me the error BOOTMGR is missing, I did what you told me, went to the website you gave me, burned another disk, everything looks fine but when they ask me which directory want to fix none appear in the window, I refresh and says that it doesn't find any. Can I use my sister's back up files and system disks on my computer?

Old 11-12-09, 03:56 PM
C
What I notice is that when I open the Recovery Manager it says " Please detach all external devices and make sure the wireless button is enabled before you continue. ", and the wireless button is amber, it means that is not working, but there is no way I can fix that because I don't have access to my computer. Could that be the problem?.

Old 11-12-09, 08:01 PM
M
boot order

you do have the boot order set to HDD then cd rom right? some ppl have the same issue it turns out that the recovery discs you made NEED to be on type +R DVR media, not type -R so you might have to call HP and get a set shipped to you too bad you do not have a MS Vista disc, as that would probably eliminate most issues with a repair or and fresh install

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: