windows xp
do i need soft ware, to transfer some 'email' to a c/d
thanks
mike

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-09, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I never tried to save any email except in the Email program itself or to save a copy on the server.

Do you want to save the whole e-mail..including addresses and routing info? Or just the text of it? Kinda like...do you just want whats inside the envelope..or do you want to keep the envelope as well? You could just copy the body of the message into a text file and then save that to the CD

One of the folks more in the know should be able to answer if you tell them what e-mail program you are using.

Oh...and remember you will need to use a RW disk. And it may need to be formatted correctly before use...been so long I can't remember.

Old 12-04-09, 11:19 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
I never tried to save any email except in the Email program itself or to save a copy on the server.

Do you want to save the whole e-mail..including addresses and routing info? Or just the text of it? Kinda like...do you just want whats inside the envelope..or do you want to keep the envelope as well? You could just copy the body of the message into a text file and then save that to the CD

One of the folks more in the know should be able to answer if you tell them what e-mail program you are using.

Oh...and remember you will need to use a RW disk. And it may need to be formatted correctly before use...been so long I can't remember.
i have verizon dsl,with msn.
that is where i get email.
what i want to save is 6months of messages back & forth about an ongoing injury dispute,so i want to keep info as to who sent what,when.

Old 12-04-09, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 80 Votes on 61 Posts
Do you use Outlook Express? You'll need to transfer your mail to there first, then it's easy to transfer to a cd. You just click on "export".
I have Verizon dsl with MSN and I don't see any way to transfer email from there.
If you need help setting up Express (if you decide to go this route) let us know.

Old 12-04-09, 03:00 PM
N
so,if i set up an account in outlook express-i can move all these email messages to that account?
will i still get email at my cuuent account?
what about my question 'do i need c/d writing software', or will windows do it?
thanks

Old 12-04-09, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
When you set up Outlook, it'll automatically send copies of all the mail that's stored in your Verizon email. They'll still stay on the Verizon server also.
IOW, first they'll go (and stay) in your Verizon email, then it'll send a copy to Outlook.
As for the software, usually it comes with the recorder, but if not, you can use Windows Media Player. If you already have something installed, a box will come up with options when you try to send the email to a cd.

Old 12-05-09, 12:07 AM
R
Originally Posted by newtofta View Post
what i want to save is 6months of messages back & forth about an ongoing injury dispute,so i want to keep info as to who sent what,when.
Your copies of the emails will mean nothing in court. Have your lawyer contact MSN to get their server records of your account.

Old 12-05-09, 06:00 AM
N
Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
Your copies of the emails will mean nothing in court. Have your lawyer contact MSN to get their server records of your account.
i want the info, for possibly an other attorny to look at.
or possibly for future reference as to what i had tried to do-before being terminated.
also-how long will 'MSN' records be available?(that is why I wanted to record them)

Old 12-05-09, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
how long will 'MSN' records be available?(that is why I wanted to record them
Actually, they're on Verizon's server. They'll stay on there forever, as long as you're still with Verizon.

Old 12-06-09, 12:35 PM
N
Question

Originally Posted by Shadeladie View Post
Do you use Outlook Express? You'll need to transfer your mail to there first, then it's easy to transfer to a cd. You just click on "export".
I have Verizon dsl with MSN and I don't see any way to transfer email from there.
If you need help setting up Express (if you decide to go this route) let us know.
i get my 'email' at msn-'hottmail'([email protected])
i went to 'outlook express' -that is where my verizon account is setup.but the email address there is ([email protected])
i cant find a way to setup an 'outlook express' account that is [email protected].
thanks for any more help.
mike

Old 12-06-09, 10:46 PM
R
Shadeladie, I humbly beg to differ. Newtofta doesn't use Verizon for email. The email server is msn.com. Rest assured that those emails will stay on the MSN server forever.

Newtofta, if you want to have a lawyer look at the emails, go to your MSN site and print them out. In the upper left corner of the screen, click File/Print. This will print the entire web page along with the email -- including the URL.

Old 12-07-09, 09:27 AM
N
o/k, i will do it that way.
it is that there are '46' messages, i 'thought' it would be easier to put them on a c/d.

thanks for the help!