Computer or forum issue?

Old 12-06-09, 03:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Computer or forum issue?

Sometimes when I return back to the thread, the posts are like twice as long (ALL the posts), and I can't see all that was said without pulling the bottom blue bar over to the right, with the mouse. Anybody else have that here? Drives me nuts trying to read long posts when I have to then mouse right, back left, right again, back left, etc., until through reading all the lines of the post.

Then as quickly as that problem appeared, it goes away for a while, only to return for some unknown reason again, at some other time.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-09, 03:22 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
It is usually due to font size. I have mine very large and always have to horizontal scroll. Since I always have to scroll I can't comment directly. One solution is to use Opera. It has a fit to width setting.

Old 12-06-09, 03:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 73 Votes on 65 Posts
The only time I have to scroll left and right is when post have huge pictures. Yes, it is kind of irritating.

Old 12-06-09, 03:37 PM
It is not the font size. It somehow, on it's own decision, decides to take a 6 line post and make it 3 lines, twice as long.

Old 12-06-09, 03:42 PM
it happens to me once in a while, 'I' thought maybe it had to do with whitch forum i was in.

Old 12-06-09, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by newtofta View Post
it happens to me once in a while, 'I' thought maybe it had to do with whitch forum i was in.
Ahhh. Good. So it ain't just me.

If I am not mistaken, if you revisit the forum some other time, it will be back to normal. At least so I thought. I will have to pay close attention now, to be sure.

Old 12-06-09, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I very rarely...as in almost, never experience the problems you guys bring up....must be because I'm so close to the Left coast?

Old 12-06-09, 11:55 PM
It's not your computer. If a picture is included in a post it may be larger than the post window. The post window will expand horizontally to accommodate the picture.

Since the text has no "line feed" characters to tell it to break a line and start a new one, the text fills the width of the window. Six lines of text turn into three.

Old 12-07-09, 05:00 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Seems that using Firefox and Adblock, my characters are actually compressed into 2/3rds of the page on the left. Where all the ads were is just blank space, so unless someone uploads an 8x10 pix, my print stays pretty small.

Old 12-07-09, 05:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 168 Votes on 149 Posts
I know what you are talking about. It isn't always due to pic size [but that's the most common] I think it's either a site problem or maybe with the ISP. Often clicking the refresh button will bring it back to normal. Thankfully it is just an occasional issue.

I have my pc set up for the largest print that will allow me to read most posts without scrolling back and forth. This also means I rarely ever see the advertising in the margins

Old 12-07-09, 07:23 AM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
View of Threads

Go to View in the Tool Bar and Zoom Out. The fonts will become smaller, but you will be able to see both sides of the text panels without scrolling.