Windows 7

Old 12-26-09, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Windows 7

Purchased Dell Inspiron last month with 7 on it. Trying to use old UMAX scanner, manufacturer no longer offers driver. Bought scanner used so I haeno CD. Driver Detective does not offer any help after scanning system. Unusual since old system which ran XP would recognize the device and it functioned then. Camera and Scanner Wizard on new system does not help as well.
Based on this and some other software problems this could be an unresolved issue. For example, Palm PDA does not sync nor will Puch architectural software run correctly, though their websites indicate they are working on resolutions.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-09, 04:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Whoa! You say you are having problems syncing Palm? I just ordered an upgrade for my wife's computer. She uses Pepid medical program on her lifedrive (nurse) and must sync periodically to keep it updated. I guess I'd better check into that before I let the computer smell the box 7 comes in, huh? Thanks for the information. Sorry I don't have a fix for you, but since I have to research it, if I find out anything, I'll post it here.

Old 12-27-09, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Look around online for UMAX drivers for Windows Vista. Vista and 7 run just about the same driver base. Even look for XP drivers. My GFs computer has a USB Wireless device that doesn't have Vista or 7 drivers and I'm using XP drivers on it and it works fine.