pc to tv connection

Old 01-02-10, 10:59 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pc to tv connection

I want to run a cable from my pc to my Sony Bravia HDTV. There is a connection for a cable to to go to the tv from pc. I have moved my tower closer before to tv an worked fine. My question is do I want to just run a longer cable or can I just get a adapter to go from pc cable to hdmi connector on tv. Iam looking to watch movies on tv without having to burn them to disk. Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-10, 01:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Do you have an HDMI connector on your computer? If so, a longer cord would probably be your answer. If not, do you have a serial connector on your TV? Most do. Not sure, but you won't be able to mix and match serial and HDMI.

Old 01-02-10, 05:51 PM
S
No HDMI on computer, yes to serial connector on tv. I was wondering because when i was in Home Depot today I saw a connector that was serial to HDMI, male to male. So I was hoping I would be able to connect the 2 cables together.

Old 01-02-10, 05:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Go too monoprice.com for anything related to cabling, adaptors, etc. They are by far the cheapest place to get anything like this. I will never pay retail prices anymore. Gosh, I almost sound like a salesman.

Old 01-03-10, 03:40 AM
R
If the Bravia has a VGA input, buy a male-to-male VGA cable and connect it from the PC's Monitor output to the TV's input.

If the PC has a DVI output you can buy a DVI to HDMI adapter, but the cable length should be limited to 15 feet or less. Cable length isn't an issue with VGA until you get into very long runs.