Cant get to certain sites!

Old 02-27-10, 07:17 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cant get to certain sites!

Why does IE tell me that it cant display this webpage to certain sites when i know its working fine. I use mymsn for a home page there is always an ad that appears in the right corner but it says it cannot diaplay the webpage an everything around it is ok. Iam trying to get to*****, the funny part is that I was on it just last night. Not sure what i need to do, thanks for any info you can give.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 02-27-10 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Unsafe site
Old 02-27-10, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Maybe it's been pulled off the web because it's a good way to get trojans and virus's.
I edited out the website so that other people do not go here.
If you're seeing a small ad at the top right, I'd suggest you run a virus scan and spybot.

Old 02-27-10, 08:07 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have run scans an they have gotten me nowhere.

Old 02-27-10, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Some sites are simply no longer there and sometimes they're just down temporarily (maintenance or server problems). If some are loading and some are not, I wouldn't worry about it. Just try again another time.
When I went into the site you posted, I got the same message, so it's not just you.

Old 02-27-10, 12:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Sometimes, if the site is popular, you will get that message just because the server is too busy. Could also just be the traffic on the internet. When you try to connect to a servers web site your signal will go through many connections. Too much traffic on those connections and you get a non display screen.

Have you tried other browsers like Firefox or Chrome?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: