HP LP2065 - Reverse Horizontal Scan Direction?

Old 01-19-10, 08:15 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question HP LP2065 - Reverse Horizontal Scan Direction?

I have a HP LP2065 that I need to reverse the horizontal scan direction on. I saw this (http://forum.doityourself.com/comput...d-monitor.html) old post here and figured it was worth a shot to ask for my particular monitor since I'm having trouble finding schematics or information on it.

I basically need the video mirrored horizontally as it's being placed into an arcade cabinet where the player views the monitor through a mirror - similar to a teleprompter. Just doing a flip (180 degree rotation) doesn't accomplish what I need as the image is still mirrored/reflected.

If there's an easy way to do this via hardware and a DVI/VGA connector hack or by doing something with internal cabling, I'd love to know how so I can attempt it.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Old 01-19-10, 05:51 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums.

My gut tells me that you're hosed on the electronic solution, and that it would be infintely cheaper and easier to bounce it off a second mirror.

Old 01-21-10, 12:03 PM
N
That's what I thought Rick. Thanks for the input anyway. Just want to exhaust all options.

I've considered the 2nd mirror idea, and unfortunately it just isn't feasible with the size of the arcade cabinet. I'll figure something out (I may have software that can accommodate the setup).

Thanks again!

Old 01-22-10, 11:21 AM
T
In what way are you doing the arcade machine? If it isn't an actual arcade machine but a PC emulator or similar then you'll find that many software emulators have functions that do it all for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: