Computor Running Slow On Occassion

Old 02-01-10, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Computor Running Slow On Occassion

Hi
I hope I can get some help to what to do about my computor running slow. It started just recently where sometimes when I click on something there is a delay. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a concerned. It also on occassion runs very slow. I noticed my cpu was at 100 % without any programs running. This doesn't happen all the time either. I called my computor tech support and right away without checking anything he wanted to sell me more hard drive. I don't think more hard drive is the problem since this happens on occassion. Any Thoughts as to what the problem could be.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-10, 04:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 73 Votes on 65 Posts
"Why is my computer running slow?" is probably one of the most common questions a computer tech will hear. Even though I am not one I even hear it a lot. This can be many things such as full hard drive, low RAM, poor internet connection, etc. Since the tech guy mentioned your hard drive, how full is it? If it has less than 1GB left you might be needing a HD. What exactly is slow? When your surfing the net? This could be a poor internet connection. Go to speedtest.net and check your if your connection is what you are paying for. Lastly what are your computer specs? CPU, RAM, and HD?

Old 02-01-10, 05:25 PM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
Clean Up

Clean the unnecessary files from your hard drive with disk cleanup.

Old 02-01-10, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Using defragmenting software can help slow performance when opening new programs or slow performance within a program. It basically organizes scattered files according to type and which programs access them etc.

Using a spy-ware/ad-ware remover will help with both slow internet response and overall performance, since it removes bogus hidden programs that use your memory and processor and also actively send/receive over your internet connection.