help!!

Old 02-13-10, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help!!

I have a laptop computer, I have windows vista, in the past week I've been having a problem, when I'm on the internet or even if I don't have any page open suddenly the internet explorer opens by itself, and my antivirus detects what it says a infected page,I have run the antivirus many times and the antispyware and the problem persist, any ideas what it is and what to do?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-10, 12:05 PM
Do you know how to bring up the settings of your antivirus software? Sometimes this type of software can be set on such high alert that it will consider things like cookies or even popups to be a cause for action.
If each security level option has a description of it's function, you may be able to make an adjustment there.
Other than that, try to click on the help tab inside your antivirus program and look to see if you can find something inside the FAQ that can shed some light on this issue.

Old 02-13-10, 03:31 PM
I have had this antivirus for like two years and is been working fine. Is there any way that you locate what it is installed and try to delete it?.

Old 02-15-10, 01:28 PM
Is there a way to reset internet explorer to set it the way I had it before?, I tried the system restore but every point that I choose it says it couldn't do the restore for an unknown error.

Old 02-15-10, 01:40 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I have had this antivirus for like two years and is been working fine.
Did you update it on a regular basis? Did you run a Malware check program and registry cleaner at least once a month?

Old 02-15-10, 01:58 PM
Yes, it just popped another right now, this

Virus: HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen
Date discovered: 14/08/2007
Type: Trojan
In the wild: Yes
Reported Infections: Low
Distribution Potential: Low
Damage Potential: Low
Static file: No
Engine version: 7.04.01.62

the options that my anti-virus are:

Move to quarantine
Delete
Rename
Deny access
Ignore

I've tried all of them and they still coming up, I just reseted my ie 7 and is the same thing.

Old 02-15-10, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I know you want to fix your problem, but IE is a problem in itself IMO. Have you tried installing Firefox as a browser? A lot less problems and seamless operation without all the Microsoft stuff. What type antivirus program are you running?

Old 02-15-10, 09:20 PM
I'm using AVIRA; I'm using google chrome, and even when I'm in the internet on chrome suddenly an internet explorer window pop up from nowhere.

Old 02-16-10, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by ccmarnaj View Post
I tried the system restore but every point that I choose it says it couldn't do the restore for an unknown error.
This is one of the symptoms of a virus. It may help to download and run the free version of Malwarebytes.

Old 02-19-10, 09:14 AM
re generate

one of the problems is that the virus re runs and re generates
hence why you can stop it it

see if the following will work for you

To remove HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen, you must first stop any HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen processes that are running in your computer's memory. To stop all HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" tab, search for HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen, then right-click it and select "End Process" key.

To delete HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen registry keys, open the Windows Registry Editor by clicking on the Windows "Start" button and selecting "Run." Type "regedit" into the box and click "OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen." Right-click this registry key and select "Delete."

Finally, to completely get rid of HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen, you must manually remove other HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen files. These HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen files can be in the form of EXE, DLL, LSP, TOOLBAR, BROWSER HIJACK, and/or BROWSER PLUGIN. For example, HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen might create a file like
%PROGRAM_FILES%\HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen\HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen.exe. Locate and remove these files.

Old 02-22-10, 07:56 PM
Received 5 Votes on 1 Post
"I know you want to fix your problem, but IE is a problem in itself IMO. Have you tried installing Firefox as a browser? A lot less problems and seamless operation without all the Microsoft stuff."

Absolutely right! Sorry to say this, but stop using IE and get Firefox.

Old 02-23-10, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Votes on 54 Posts
You can't blame IE for all the problems people have. I use both IE and Firefox, but I probably use IE more, and I don't have any problems and don't get viruses. People just need to have a few programs running to prevent them and also be careful about which sites they're visiting and just close any popup windows using the X, rather than the OK or Cancel.

Old 02-23-10, 08:44 AM
2x2
fee upgrade

Originally Posted by ccmarnaj View Post
I have a laptop computer, I have windows vista, in the past week I've been having a problem, when I'm on the internet or even if I don't have any page open suddenly the internet explorer opens by itself, and my antivirus detects what it says a infected page,I have run the antivirus many times and the antispyware and the problem persist, any ideas what it is and what to do?

thanks.
I thought those with Vista can get a free upgrade to windows7
is this still in effect cause this is the way to go Vista had problems make no mistake about this

Old 02-23-10, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Votes on 54 Posts
I thought those with Vista can get a free upgrade to windows7
No. Only those that bought a new computer that still came with Vista, when Windows 7 was first released, were eligible.