limited or no connectivity

Old 02-13-10, 01:26 PM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
limited or no connectivity

I cannot get access to the internet with a wireless card. I rebuilt my desktop computer and installed the old wireless card and it connects to the router but it can't find the internet.I get little or no connectivity. It fails to assign a IP address or renew it. My laptop which is connected to the same network works fine no problems. is the card bad. Im not calling linksys tech support. they charge $30 for a phone call and i can never understand the person. any ideas. its a linksys wireless card with wireless G with speedboost. the card worked when pulled. I have windows monitoring the wireless network. Linksys wireless manger couldn't find the internet either.speed is 54.0 MBS with 128 bitt security. windows firewall is set to allow the card to the work.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-10, 02:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Disable Windows Firewall, you don't need it. Your router is your firewall. Does your wireless connection require either a WEP or WPA security code?

Old 02-14-10, 02:03 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have windows XP and maybe another version try right clicking on the wireless icon at the bottom of the page. Then chose repair. My card does gives me problems all the time but this always fixes it.