Outlook Express

Old 02-15-10, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outlook Express

I purged a lot of emails this week and since then I cannot send or receive any email msgs at all. It checks incoming email, then it goes to receiving them and sits there all day 'receiving' and never goes any further. I tried the sys restore but it can only restore back one day. Don't know what to do now.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-10, 05:01 PM
Are you using IMAP, pop, or a different email protocol? My guess is maybe outlook is still in the process of trying to remove the files from the server and might be having a hard time of doing so.

I don't think the system restore will resolve your issue; may even break things further. I recommend that you do not use this to resolve your problem.

Old 02-19-10, 04:54 PM
Outlook Express

It's been over a week now since Outlook express stopped working. I have been on the phone with Verizon and they are baffled. They shared my screen and still nothing is working. All the while the emails trying to come in are building up to almost 200 now. They are stuck somewhere.

Old 02-22-10, 12:42 PM
Can you login to the account via the web? It could be one problem email that is backing the whole thing up, and if you can just delete it from there it will be okay again. I sometimes get it when an anti-spam measure gets stuck in a loop on a very large email.

Old 02-22-10, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 36 Posts
It could be one problem email that is backing the whole thing up
You know, I remember a couple years back, I had this same thing happen and that's exactly what the problem was. It was one email that wouldn't come thru and prevented anything after it from coming thru.
I have Verizon too, so you can log into your email at verizon.net
and that way you can find the problem one and delete it from there.

Old 02-22-10, 02:08 PM
Verizon.net

I tried signing on using verizon.net with the customer support fellow with no success at all. We tried doing it several times, but maybe I will try doing it myself. I hate to see how many are built up in there now.
Thanks so much for the tips and I am going to try again. I am lost and