Windows live messenger

Old 02-15-10, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Windows live messenger

I am new to windows 7. Is it possible to get my mail off my isp server through messenger without getting a hotmail account?
I like being able to compose my outgoing email on the computer without having to be connected. much like my old Outlook on XP.
Or do I have to get the hotmail and then download the mail from my ISP to hotmail then to my computer?
I can't find any good instructions on the set up of Messenger.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-10, 08:50 PM
Do you have Outlook 2003 or 2007? If you do, you can use your Hotmail account in Outlook. You will need the Hotmail-Outlook connector. Download it here.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-20-10, 06:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
But what Ben was asking, and I am curious, too, do you need a Hotmail account? I was wondering what the "connector" thingy was.

Old 02-20-10, 03:03 PM
2x2
Im

Originally Posted by badeyeben View Post
I am new to windows 7. Is it possible to get my mail off my isp server through messenger without getting a hotmail account?
I like being able to compose my outgoing email on the computer without having to be connected. much like my old Outlook on XP.
Or do I have to get the hotmail and then download the mail from my ISP to hotmail then to my computer?
I can't find any good instructions on the set up of Messenger.
I have windows7 my IM lets me know when I get a email in my hotmail account..actually hotmail is the old way but still works windows live is the new way..nope give yourself a hotmail account...just make sure your always signed in to the IM that way you can shut your computer down and you will always be notified when you get a hotmail email

Last edited by 2x2; 02-20-10 at 03:06 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-21-10, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by 2x2 View Post
just make sure your always signed in to the IM that way you can shut your computer down and you will always be notified when you get a hotmail email
How are you going to get messages if your computer is shut down?

I guess I misunderstood the question. If you want to get mail from the email account you have through your ISP, why dont you just setup Outlook with a POP3 account using the settings from the ISP mail acount? You would include your username and password, the incoming and outgoing ISP mail server names, like pop.ispmail.com and smtp.ispmail.com and the ports they use. Your ISP will provide you with the correct settings.

Old 02-22-10, 03:18 AM
2x2
sign in to IM

all I meant is if you ask IM to remember your password
you won't need to keep logging in