web block

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-10, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
web block

I have been blocked by an on-line website, and want to know a way back in to view the postings, I know I will probably not be able to post, my complaint was, I could not post anyway, and my compalints about that are what got me banned, So please let me know how to get back into the sight.

Please save me the morals issues, if have a problem helping me, then don't. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-10, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
No problem...people get banned from some places all the time. You aren't doing anything illegal or dangerous....at least not in my opinion. Pretty odd you can't even view it...

What kind of internet connection do you have? You may have to call them and ask for them to reset your internet (IP) address. That may cause a problem with other sites...not sure. You'll probably have to clean out cookies and internet history as well.

A simpler solution ight be to use someone elses or a public computer to read what you want.

The simplest solution would be to just not worry about it and move on....

Old 03-07-10, 02:46 PM
movin' on

No problem about movin' on, if its to much of a hassle. I am hooked up through verizon. How am I to know if something else might be effected. Calling the web site would do me no good.

The sight is Iventorspot, a little rarely used site I like to vistit to try to keep up with what people may or may not be doing.

Thanks anyway

Old 03-07-10, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Blocked from Website?

If you could possibly get a screen shot of the block message or explain more about how you know your blocked and what happens when you attempt to visit the website, I could probably help with more certainty on giving the correct answer. It's odd that a ban from the website would completely ban you even from viewing it. Usually it just means that you cannot post any content.

Either way though, if it is a complete ban like that, then it's probably just an ip ban. If that's the case you could do as the previous poster suggested or use a proxy. There are websites that you can go to that make using a proxy very easy. If you do use one, it will essentially make the website you want to visit think you are coming from another ip but you are just routing your internet traffic through another computer on the internet. I have checked the website you say you want to visit to be sure the site is not down, and it works for me.

Also, you might want to try another internet browser. Maybe Firefox or Google Chrome will work for you. It's also possible you have worms, trojans, viruses, or some spyware/adware in your system that could be the cause. I would suggest Spybot for that.

Old 03-07-10, 10:48 PM
virus

I have no virus I can assure you of that. When I go to google, put in there name, and then click on it, I am at the site, that says you have been banned from this site.

I went through my verizon address and then went through my g mail address,

I would not know how to do the things you mentioned I am basically computer free, just like my wife says, I just put the gas in.

Old 03-09-10, 10:34 PM
Question What is the way?

Tell me how to get in in laymans terms

Old 03-10-10, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 43 Votes on 35 Posts
Sorry, the how to on this topic is not up for discussion on this board.

Closed Thread