which computer should I buy

Old 04-15-10, 01:14 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
which computer should I buy

I am looking for any opinions on which of these 2 computers I should buy if it makes any difference at all anyway. The computers are listed below. I can get either for about the same price. Computer 1 comes w/ a 1yr warranty and computer 2, I can get an extra 2 yrs added to the warranty to make the total price about the same as computer 1. Both will be about 400.00. Do anybody have an opinion of which I should go with. The biggest difference that I see between them is that computer 1 has a dual core processor. To answer the question of what I will be using this computer for, I will be using it for internet surfing mostly and maybe downloading some pics from camera. I am not a gamer, nor do I download movies on the computer. So thanks for any input. I would like to make a decision soon.

computer 1:

Compaq Presario CQ61-420US 15.6

• AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core (2.1GHz) processor
• 3GB installed memory
• 250GB hard drive
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVDρR/RW with Double Layer support
• 15.6" Diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display
• Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• HP Imprint in high-gloss black & integrated microphone
• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader
• 101-key compatible with full-size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
• 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery; up to 4 hours and 30 minutes*
• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 1 year warranty

computere 2:

Compaq 15.6" Presario CQ61-410US

• AMD Sempron Processor for Notebook PCs M120
2.1 GHz, Up to 3.2 GT/s system bus, 512 KB L2 Cache
• 2 GB DDR2 system memory
Enough memory to handle today's most memory-hungry applications
• 250 GB Serial 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
Store your music, videos, photos and documents with plenty of space to spare
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+R/RW with Double Layer Support
Play and create CDs and DVDs with this DVD/CD burner drive
• Wired Ethernet; Wireless WiFi
Connect to a broadband modem with 10/100 Ethernet. Connect wirelessly to a WiFi network or hotspot with built-in wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN. Includes a 56k modem
• 15.6 diagonal HD HP BrightView Widescreen Display
1366 x 168 resolution; ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Graphics with 1022 MB graphics memory

Additional Features
• 5-in-1 memory card reader
• 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x Headphone out port, 1 x Microphone-in port, 1 x VGA, 1 x RJ-11 port, 1 x RJ-45 port
• 6-cell lithium-ion battery
• AC power supply included

Old 04-15-10, 12:46 PM
I would buy computer #2 and also buy the extended warranty.
Good Luck

Old 04-15-10, 03:19 PM
Hi kmeyer301

The descriptions of the 2 computers don't include the same features so is hard to equalize and compare both machines

For example, the description of # 2 includes the videocard. However, the description of # 1 doesn't include this, but usually if the computer doesn't include a separated video card, the chip is mentioned, something like "integrated video processor" or "onboard video processor". (unless the 5-1 covers the video )
Same situation with the power supply in # 1 and the Windows version of the computer # 2

So, I'd suggest that you try to get the info regarding the same items for both computers. I understand that you are not going to run heavy apps or games, but a videocard is an good feature even for internet surfing (youtube for example)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: