Browsing Tabs in Firefox.

Old 05-09-10, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Browsing Tabs in Firefox.

If anyone can help you will save my Knuckles.

I have a list of links...about 5200 of them.. That I need to visually scan for content, bookmark the ones that contain the content I am looking for, and relay those links back to my employer.(How I got involved in this I'll never Know)

Im using firefox, so I have been opening each link in a new tab, and loading about 50 or 60 at a time, then going back and reviewing the tabs.. Needless to say...Im getting nowhere in a hurry.

Is there any way to select a bunch of them, and open each in a new tab, without having to right click each one???---- Sorta like a >select all< --->Open each in separate tab<--
THANKS...

Old 05-09-10, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
If I understand correctly...

You might be able to put them all in a folder in your bookmarks...then I know there is a "open all in tabs" option.

But I guess you would still need to right click all the links first....maybe thats no help. It would be faster AFTER they were in folders in your bookmarks...but getting them there is the rub.

Old 05-09-10, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gunguy-------You saved my Neck.........

Copy the links to the clipboard.....Open Bookmarks, make a new folder, paste the links into the new folder, open all in tabs, and PRESTO....theyre all in individual tabs. Took a few minutes to load, but I did 200 at a time...and they are all there waiting for me.....I'll delete them when Im done, and go to the next batch........THANK YOU.....

Old 05-09-10, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Ahhh well glad it worked....I wasn't sure if you could copy them that way. My wife wasn't available to ask...she would have answered it in a heartbeat. I know the hardware, but she knows all those kinda tricks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: