Rootkits?

Old 05-12-10, 08:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rootkits?

Howdy! A couple days ago, I got paid AVG for my laptop. There is a scan for rootkits in the package. I have never heard of them before. Please enlighten me. thank you much in advance. I did run that scan and found that I ddin't have any.

Old 05-12-10, 11:56 AM
T
In simple terms, it is a way of hiding viruses and other nasty programs in a way that is hard to detect normally.

Old 05-13-10, 10:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
thank you much, it would be so nice to find a deivce for the computer that could track back to virus creators and make any and all bank accounts they have vanish.

Old 05-13-10, 02:41 PM
F
You might want to take a look at Microsoft Security Essentials when your paid subscription runs out. It is free.

Old 05-18-10, 12:59 PM
E
root kit

It's do-it-yourself destruction.

The victim is enticed to use his administrator/root permissions to install the malware.

For instance, say you have set the 'hide extension' feature of Windows and click on a image file 'Babe.jpg'. But wait! Windows has hidden the extension for you! The full name was 'Babe.jpg.exe'.

Congratulations. Horse pron has just been sent to everyone on your contact list. It didn't even have to use your e-mail client.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: