Easy DVD Copy in Windows 7?

Old 05-13-10, 02:46 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Easy DVD Copy in Windows 7?

A non-computer literate friend is looking to make copies of home movies (not copyrighted) on DVD and I suggested there might be a simple way for him to do this in Windows 7 (without using third party software). He just needs a simple copy function ... no authoring.

I found Windows DVD Maker but it assumes you want to 'Add Content' and tries to organize everything (overkill for his needs and will confuse him).

Any simple suggestions?

Old 05-13-10, 03:13 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Windows media player does a nice job pulling info off CDs and then storing it on your harddrive to do with as you please. No idea whether it will work for a DVD as well, though.

Old 05-13-10, 03:23 PM
E
No, it starts looking to make playlists and organizing like DVD Maker does -- just looking for a simple, automated copy-from-DVD-to-HD-to-DVD routine. I'm thinking that isn't possible without a third-party program.

Thanks anyway mitch :-)

Old 05-14-10, 02:52 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If the computer has a DVD burner in it the software that came with it usually has that functionality.

Old 05-14-10, 12:48 PM
M
1 to 1 copying

Rick is correct

there should be some sort of CD/DVD burning software all ready installed, and all you would have to do is copy the DVD inside of that program and it will do exactly what he wants since the DVD is not copyrighted, most programs will copy the data to a temp file or image, have you eject the DVD, and insert a DVD-R disc in and then burn the image / folders back to the disc

other wise I would think you could do the same inside of windows 7 but when you burn back select send to or burn to ( DVD )

otherwise i do not know of any free 1 button copy dvd software
out there

IMG Burn ( which is free and what I use on all my computers ) is close, but it will make an img first, then you can burn the image back to dvd, making it a 2 step process, it also works in Windows 7

Old 05-14-10, 02:43 PM
E
As I suspected, some understanding of computerese is going to be necessary.

Thanks mike/Rick.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: