Server not found

Old 05-14-10, 06:06 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Server not found

Not the best with a computer.........far too often I get a box that comes up showing SERVER NOT FOUND. "Firefox cannot find the server at.....whatever. At the bottom there is a box "try again" and sometimes by punching that whatever I have punched finally comes up.

Anyone have any idea or suggestions as to why this box keeps coming up? Always enjoy the expertise of so many that participate in the DIY forums.

Old 05-14-10, 07:40 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Try another site. If it opens fine then the problem is at the site you just tried. Nothing you can do about somebody elses server problem.

Old 05-14-10, 03:47 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Might be a connection problem at either end - ray's suggestion will help you figure out which one.

Old 05-15-10, 05:10 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ray and Mitch

I will look into that; what is confusing and something I did not mention was the fact that Firefox sometimes will show "not responding" and ask you in a separate box to "try again" which sometimes works, sometimes it does not, sometimes that screen will actually just freeze up and you cannot make the cursor do anything. Then you turn the computer off, turn it back on and it will be ok.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: