Macrium Reflect free

Old 06-03-10, 08:38 AM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Macrium Reflect free

If someone has this program could you please reply so I can ask you a question?
Thank you

Old 06-04-10, 05:15 AM
W
Received 34 Votes on 31 Posts
Question

What is your question?

I need a longer entry..............

Old 06-04-10, 06:24 AM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Macrium Reflect free

Hello and thank you for replying.
I have the free version and therefore do not have access to the forum.
I am having trouble "browsing" and the information I pasted below may help you understand the issue;

I think I am following defaults but maybe the free version I have and the paid version are different.
To back up;
1-I open Macrium
2-open the wizard by clicking on 'create a backup'
3-tic my C: to be backed up and follow the wizard

I use medium compression and tic 'Intelligent sector copy(recommended)' rather than 'clone' because clone takes longer.

Now in MY Comp I double click the back up icon which looks like Reflect and a blue box appears which says,"select the image you wish to browse and associate a drive letter in explorer.
Beneath in the box is a box listing the backup and if you tic the box it puts a E: in the box, Next time back it puts a F: then a G:.
If I ok it, folders appear;
The first is a long list of letters and numbers which if I open it are AMD and i386. Then there is, Dell, Docs and settings, oem settings program files winows.

I never saw this before. When I use Acronis, it takes the same amount of time to do a backup(( 7 minutes) with my desktop and to browse I just go to my Comp and double click to get to the file or folder I want. Browsing is just a matter of opening the icon; C: appears + when you click on it the information further unfolds so you can browse.

I tried both intelligent sector and also cloning and the same thing happens.
This may sound redundant but you can browse in My Comp with Macrium by just opening the folder and opening each of the backups, like Acronis, correct?
Perhaps I am not understanding the following;
**When the box appears it says,"check the box and select a drive letter ." I do this then it says,"When you click ok explorer will open ". It does not. This is where I am having the problem. Nothing happens when I click OK.
Any help you can give would be appreciated as I cannot get into the forum with the free version.
Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: