Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

navigator vs communicator

Visiting Guest

11-30-00, 04:28 PM   #1  
simonmeridew
I'm sure this is a no brainer for most people, but I've been using Netscape for about 3 years now, various versions, and I still haven't been able to tell the difference between Netscape Navigator and Netscape Communicator. They both made icons on my desktop, clicking on either will launch the same browser. I remember when I first downloaded an upgrade being very concerned that I download the right one, but it didn't seem to make a difference. If they're the same thing why have both.

While I'm at it, I downloaded Netscape 6 the other night and is it just me or is Netscape 6 stuck in first gear? The pages load ok but the mechanics like the scroll arrows, changing boxes on the screen etc just seem to drag on and on. Even clicking with the mouse seems to take longer. So much so that I think I'll deinstall it and go back to 4.73. Not intended as a flame against Netscape, maybe something is not right with my installation. What do I want for free? did someone say?
simonmeridew

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-30-00, 07:53 PM   #2  
Navigator doesn't have all the bells and whistles that are included with communicator, that's the only difference. The browsers are the same but communicatior also has composer, ect.

Yes I agree, I have been using netscape forever and I don't like 6 either. I tried the beta and still haven't download the released product, not much interest.

I think by far netscape 4.76 is the best of the lot.

Search this Thread