another scanner question

Old 12-04-00, 05:10 PM
simonmeridew
Visiting Guest
OK another scanner question for my father's computer. He has win 95, a couple of years old. What will be involved in installing a HP 3200C scanner, it says parallel interface. He has a printer already hooked up to his computer, I presume on the parallel socket. Can I get a "Y" adapter so that I can hook up both at the same time, or what do I have to do. Hoping to do this for him for Christmas. Thanks
simonmeridew

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-00, 05:48 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Scanner

Real easy and should say this in the destructions... Out of the printer into the scanner, out of the scanner to the LPT port. Cable for the scanner should have been provided from HP and the cable from the printer will be moved to the scanner. If you want to get serious you can install another LPT port but since you are running 95 it will take a little more effort than under 98. Anyway, REAL men don't read destructions eh?

[Edited by bigmike on 12-04-00 at 08:53]

Old 12-04-00, 06:43 PM
simonmeridew
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks Big Mike. I haven't gotten the scanner yet, didn't really want to invest until I could be sure I could make it work on his machine. BTW, I think real men use the USB connector like I do on my machine.
simonmeridew