Emailing Photo's

Old 08-14-10, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Emailing Photo's

I use Yahoo for my email and do not use 'outlook'. So how do I share my photo's without using a zip drive?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-10, 03:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Are you saying you can't attach files in Yahoo Mail? Not sure how a zip deive relates to your problem. Are you saying they are on Zip drive? I would be amazed if any of your freinds have a Zip drive. Do you really have one?

Old 08-14-10, 04:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I think you are looking for WinZip, not a zip drive. It is a free program that compresses files for sending over the internet.

Old 08-14-10, 04:41 PM
I send and receive pictures all the time over Yahoo . just click on add a attachment , find the picture on your PC and add it or you could upload your pictures to photo bucket and send your friends links to them

Old 08-14-10, 04:47 PM
Group Moderator
WinZip wasn't free when I used Windows but it was the easiest to use. If you don't mind the nag screen you can probably use it free indefinitely.

Is that what we are talking about here, image files too large for dialup? If you and your friends are on DSL or Cable you shouldn't need to use compression to send individual pictures. If you have a lot an internet sharing site such as Photobucket or Flikr may be a better alternative or use Dropbox to share the files.

You can also reduce the file size of pictures using a free program such as IRFanView.

Old 08-14-10, 05:11 PM
ray2047

You are correct, it's not a zip drive, it's a little flash drive. Zip was the first thing that came to mind. Sorry.

I figured it out, have never done it before, so when u mentioned 'attachment' I remembered the attch tab in Yahoo email. It worked good.

The reason I mentioned zip drive is 'cause someone told me to use my flash drive to move photo's from one comp to the other. A different issue altogether. I just confused zip w/ flash.
Sorry for my confusion and thanks for the reply.

Last edited by esorami; 08-14-10 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Add name
Old 08-14-10, 06:14 PM
Group Moderator
Glad we could help. Post back if you need more help.

Old 08-15-10, 12:36 PM
We're sorta backwards here, but what do you need a flash drive to email pictures for? If the pix are on your hard drive, why can't you send them from there? Just tryin' to learn.

Old 08-15-10, 03:01 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Photos

The zip drive would be handy if one of the computers does not have access to e-mail.

Old 08-16-10, 02:54 AM
For the record: Iomega made a product called a Zip drive late last century. It was a 3.5" drive that could store 100 meg (v1) and 250 meg (v2) on proprietary disks. It fell out of use when CD-R drives came down in price, mostly because they could hold three times the data. Zip drives are still available, though, and connect via USB.

A USB Thumb Drive, a.k.a. Flash or Stick, is what we're talking about.

Old 08-16-10, 03:46 AM
Hey, Ray and Rick, my old office computer still has it's zip drive, and I use it for a 4th business back up. Hey, it's there, so why not use it. It seems the zip drive came into being and was touted by the computer builders (Gateway, Dell, etc.) as next to sliced bread for storage. After I had mine built, a few months later, BAM here comes the CD Rom. Short lived innovation.

Old 08-16-10, 09:03 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Hey, Ray and Rick, my old office computer still has it's zip drive, and I use it for a 4th business back up. Hey, it's there, so why not use it. It seems the zip drive came into being and was touted by the computer builders (Gateway, Dell, etc.) as next to sliced bread for storage. After I had mine built, a few months later, BAM here comes the CD Rom. Short lived innovation.
I didn't think they still made mdia for it. Guess they do if they still make them. Thanks Rick and Chandler for the education.

Old 08-17-10, 02:20 AM
I have a 250-meg version that plugs into the parallel port. (There's another device that isn't long for the computer world!) Everything I did as a writer from 1990 to 1999 is on about 50 Zip disks. I don't know why I'm keeping them. The data was transferred to external USB drives and DVDs long ago. Haven't fired up the Zip since I bailed on Win 98.