Looking for automatic stock list program

Old 08-28-10, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for automatic stock list program

Iím looking for a program to compile a list of stocks such that if you enter the ticker symbol it gives you the name, P/E ratio, 52 week high, low, current price, ex dividend date, etc. Anyone know of such a program?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-10, 06:58 PM
I think youíre trying to find a commercial software program or possibly build an Excel spreadsheet so that you can define your ticker symbols and data sets, and then go on the Internet to upload that information to your PC. Is that correct?

How good are you w/ spreadsheets? I might be able to find you one to do what I think youíre trying to do but doesnít have instructions or a tutorial on how to use it . . . in other words, youíll need some proficiency in order to customize it to meet your specific needs.

Also, can you briefly explain what your objective is as there may be other alternatives.

Old 08-29-10, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Rob R. View Post
. . . then go on the Internet to upload that information to your PC.
Shouldíve been download that information.

Old 09-06-10, 12:47 PM

Naturally I could do a spread sheet manually but it is time consuming and a pain in the butt. I want a program to automatically give me a spread sheet with all the info about a particular stock by just typing the ticker symbol. I want this so I can compare stocks at a glance.

Old 09-06-10, 01:31 PM
Response

The spreadsheet I was referring too requires you to enter the ticker symbols and pre-selecting information fields depending on an individualís needs, and then automatically downloading that data to the spreadsheet from a certain website. I think you would be better off finding something on your own.

Old 09-07-10, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by bobfwayne View Post
I’m looking for a program to compile a list of stocks such that if you enter the ticker symbol it gives you the name, P/E ratio, 52 week high, low, current price, ex dividend date, etc. Anyone know of such a program?
Google finance does all this. If you sign in with your account it will keep a list of your ticker symbols (your portfolio) that includes
name, P/E ratio, 52 week high and low. current price, div/yield etc.

Google Finance: Stock market quotes, news, currency conversions & more